Chemical Dependency Specialization Certificate Program (San Diego)
This certificate program, offered in San Diego, provides advanced education and training in the practice of chemical dependency counseling. CSPP students may take the specialized courses to meet concentration and elective requirements or may add the complete certificate to their degree programs. Post-graduate professionals who desire to add this area of specialization to their professional work may take the courses on a non-credit basis to complete the certificate program. The field placement requirement can be accomplished within the practicum requirements for the Marital and Family Therapy programs.
Curriculum: Chemical Dependency Specialization Certificate (6 courses – 14 units)
- PSY 6116 – Issues of Chemical Dependency (2 units)
- PSY 6242 – Applied Psychotherapeutic Techniques in Chemical Dependency (2 units)
- PSY 6245 – Substance Abuse in Diverse Populations (2 units)
- PSY 6255 – Field Placement in Chemical Dependency (3 units)
- PSY 7156 – Psychopharmacology (2 units)
- PSY 7330 – Treatment with the Chemically Dependent Family (3 units)
For more information on the prerequisites and courses for this program, please refer to the academic catalog.