Train to Become a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) is one of the fastest-growing disciplines in the field of mental health. It’s also one of the top 3 “best” careers in the field of social services, according to U.S. News’ list of the 100 Best Jobs, with a positive outlook for future employment.
The California School of Professional Psychology, a pioneer in this discipline, offers two COAMFTE–accredited Marriage and Family Therapy graduate programs to prepare students for careers as professional marriage and family therapists.
- Master of Arts in Marital & Family Therapy (MA)
Irvine | Los Angeles | Sacramento | San Diego | San Francisco
- Doctor of Psychology in Marital & Family Therapy (PsyD)
Irvine | Los Angeles | Sacramento | San Diego
Alliant’s Marriage and Family Therapy programs were designed to be inclusive of all kinds of families and couples, including those from diverse cultural backgrounds and those in the LGBTQ community.
What Makes Our MFT Programs Unique
Some of the many reasons to choose Alliant for your Marriage and Family Therapy degree include:
- Alliant offers the largest COAMFTE-accredited MFT degree program in California – and is one of only several universities in the state to offer this elite accreditation.
- Flexible, part-time options make it easy to earn your degree on a schedule that works for you.
- Financial aid, including scholarships and educational stipends, are available to eligible students.
- Fast-track your doctorate degree. All coursework and practicum hours from a COAMFTE-accredited Master’s program may be applied toward our PsyD program.
- Learn from the best-known names in the field. Many pioneers in marriage and family therapy have taught at Alliant, and the tradition continues today with a faculty roster made up of public policy experts, leading researchers and world-renowned therapists.
- Customize your degree with three areas of specialization (Chemical Dependency, Gerontology and Latin American Family Therapy) and international cultural immersion programs offered at Alliant International University.
- Employment opportunities through the VA. All marriage and family therapists hired by the Department of Veterans Affairs must hold a degree from a COAMFTE-accredited program.
The Benefits of COAMFTE-Accredited Programs
Alliant’s Marriage and Family Therapy programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE). Of the more than 80 license-eligible MFT programs in California, Alliant is one of only a select few universities to hold the elite COAMFTE accreditation.
In addition to ensuring that you will receive a quality education, COAMFTE-accredited programs offer students several other unique benefits, including:
Employment opportunities through the VA: All marriage and family therapists hired by the Department of Veterans Affairs must hold a COAMFTE-accredited degree.
Loan reimbursement through the National Health Services Corps (NHSC): In exchange for two years of work in an underserved area, NHSC offers up to $50,000 in federal loan payments for marriage and family therapists with a COAMFTE-accredited degree.
Increased licensed portability: Licensure for marriage and family therapists is issued on a state-by-state basis. Holding a degree from a COAMFTE-accredited program makes it easier to obtain licensure in a new state.
Flexible Schedule, Part-Time Options
Earn your degree on a schedule that works for you. We offer day, evening and executive-format classes at each campus, and make every effort to meet the needs of each cohort of students. Part-time attendance is permitted.
Get Started Today!
Take the first step to a rewarding career in Marriage and Family Therapy today. To learn more about either of our MFT programs, we encourage you fill out the Request Information form at the top of this page, Live Chat us, or give us a call at 1-866-UALLIANT (1-866-825-5426).