A Wealth of Hands-On, Professional Training
All Doctorate in Clinical Psychology students participate in required field experiences during most years of their program. The programs require students to experience a breadth of practicum experiences, including a range of populations and age groups. This offers extensive practical exposure and continual opportunities to apply research and theory in real-world situations.
Breadth and depth are the hallmarks of Clinical Psychology training here, with practica involving:
- Numerous evidence-based treatment modalities
- A broad range of theoretical orientations
- Multiple treatment settings
- A wide, diverse range of patient populations
Expand Experience with Yearly Placement
Practica and internships are generally assigned on a one-year basis. Students usually assume new field placement positions at the beginning of each academic year so they can gain exposure to a variety of training models. We attempt to match student interests and needs to training site offerings, although procedures for matching vary from campus to campus.
Full-Time or Half-Time Psychology Internships
We offer two models of internship training: full-time placement in the last year of the program and two half-time internships in the last two program years.
- Full-time placements are APA-accredited or APPIC-member internships which offer stipends. CAPIC-accredited internships are also an option for students and can be full-time or part-time, with or without stipends.
- Although we encourage students to apply for APA-accredited or APPIC-member internships, CSPP doctoral programs may also allow a part-time internship option with approval from the program.
Both models provide a high-quality, sequential and cumulative learning experience.
Explore the Opportunities
Practicum placement opportunities vary by campus, specific to the opportunities available in the cities and counties around each campus area. We invite you to explore the links below to learn more about the types of practicum opportunities offered in Fresno, Fresno/Sacramento, Los Angeles, San Diego and San Francisco.