Teaching: Online Master of Arts in Education (MAEd) Curriculum Plan
Please note that there may be other requirements for completion or options for elective and specialized courses. Please see the academic catalog for the full curriculum. Course offerings and sequence are subject to change.
- Development of Cross-Cultural Competencies
- Technology in the Curriculum
- Critical Thinking for Teaching and Learning
- New Models of Instruction and Learning
- Methods of Assessment
- Current Issues in School Environments
- School, Family, and Community Relations
- Transforming Urban Public Schools
- Research Seminar
- Practicum/Project in Teaching
Instruction may be provided on-ground, online or in hybrid modalities, and varies by program. For on-ground and hybrid programs, instruction is primarily provided at an Alliant campus; however, some instructional activities may take place off campus at a location appropriate for the particular activity, including, but not limited to, online courses or online portion of courses, internships, practicums, or field placement activities.
For online programs, instruction is provided online; however, some programs may include an in-person residency requirement at one of Alliant’s campuses. Additional instructional activities, including, but not limited to internships, practicums, or field placement activities may take place at a location appropriate for the particular activity.