Admission criteria for the California School of Education (CSE) vary depending on the program you choose and your level of study. All requirements, however, are designed to determine the qualities and capabilities required of professionals in the field to which you are applying. Your academic ability and preparation, along with other personal, non-academic factors are also considered.
In addition to any supplementary requirements for your particular program, the university has the following admission requirements:
- Completed application
- Submission of official transcripts
Admissions Criteria: Autism Certificate for California Special Education Teachers
- Minimum one-year professional experience teaching students with autism
- Employment within a California K-12 school
- All credential coursework completed (minimum GPA of 3.0 required)
- California Education Specialist Teaching Credential (preliminary or clear) in one of the following:
- Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Physical and Health Impairments
- Visual Impairments
- English language proficiency must be demonstrated by applicants not previously educated in English. Minimum TOEFL score of 550 paper/213 computer/80 internet or equivalent.