The Master of Science in Applied Criminology program is designed to enhance the skill set and employability of those already working within–or interested in entering–this emerging and dynamic field.
This Applied Criminology master’s program combines theory, the latest research and innovation, and knowledge of scientifically-supported best practices to provide advanced criminal justice, security, and victim services knowledge and skills. The curriculum draws on numerous disciplines, with heavy emphasis on criminology, criminal law, and forensic psychology
Graduates will be prepared to pursue careers in:
- Law enforcement
- Local, state, and federal; investigations; research and analysis; training and academics; evaluation
- Investigations; expert witness; security planning and prevention; school and workplace safety; public and agency policy
- Colleges and universities; security training; specialized training
- Probation, parole, and public education
Online Learning Format
This 40-unit master’s program is offered in a fully online, asynchronous format. This means you will not be required to be online at specific times.
Choose From Three Concentrations
The Applied Criminology program is designed so students can customize their courses to fit their interests or industry. Upon enrollment, students choose from one of three concentration options:
- Criminal Behavior
- Conflict Resolution and Crisis Management
Contact Us to Learn More
For questions or to get more information about the Applied Criminology master’s program call us at 1-866-UALLIANT (1-866-825-5426), or fill out the form on the top right of this page to request more information.