What students with disabilities at Alliant International University need to know about Student Services:

Q. What if I have additional expenses (i.e. medication, equipment, etc.) that is related to my disability? How can I have this factored into my financial aid award?

A. Students with Disabilities use the same forms as other students when applying for financial aid. There is a line on these forms that asks for medical expenses. There is no need for an additional forms (as in past years).

Q. I have difficulty using the Financial Aid forms. Is there a service that could help me?

A. Students can call or make an appointment with the Coordinator of the Office of Accessibility at your Alliant location for assistance. Contact information for your campus is below:

Fresno Cheri Cruz cheri.cruz@alliant.edu 559-253-2308
Irvine Nicole Camaras ncamaras@alliant.edu 949-812-7464
Los Angeles Celia Lopez clopez@alliant.edu 626-270-3311
Sacramento Kimberly Gardner kgardner@alliant.edu 916-561-3224
San Diego Adam Kasarda akasarda@alliant.edu 858-635-4471
San Francisco Nereira Greene ngreene@alliant.edu 415-955-2134
San Francisco Law School Pat Alley palley@alliant.edu 415-626-5550

Additionally, the US Department of Education offers services for individuals with print based and hearing disabilities. The Department of Education TTY number is 1-800-730-8913. Students needing assistance filling out their application can contact the Department of Education directly.

Q. How will the support I receive from Department of Rehabilitation (DR) impact my financial aid and account balance?

A. Students must notify the financial aid office that they are receiving vocational rehabilitation funds so that they may be placed on the award screen and included as part of their resources against their cost of attendance. Quite often the business office finds out after the funds have come in and then need to return financial aid to the lender. A letter from the Department of Rehabilitation or the student would be fine as long as Alliant International University is able to determine the amount that the student will be receiving for the terms of enrollment.

Students who are guaranteed to receive Department of Rehabilitation funding should provide the Student Business Services Office with an Authorization for Services as soon as possible. The university will abide by the special instructions on the document and refund any amount over the authorized amount that is due the student should they apply and receive additional financial aid.