“Top 100 Producers of Minority Degrees” Annual Rankings Released, Alliant in Top Ten
Alliant International University continues to rank #1 in granting doctorate degrees in psychology to students from all minority groups combined and #7 across all disciplines among Hispanics. Alliant also ranks #2 among Hispanics in business management and marketing, an increase from its past position at number eight.
Specifically, Alliant ranks:
- #1 for awarding doctoral degrees in psychology to all minority groups combined
- #1 for awarding doctoral degrees in psychology to Asian Americans
- #1 for awarding doctoral degrees in psychology to Hispanics
- #2 for awarding doctoral degrees in business, management and marketing to Hispanics
- #5 for awarding doctoral degrees in psychology to African Americans
- #7 for awarding doctoral degrees in all disciplines combined to Hispanics
For masters’ degrees, Alliant ranks in the top 10 in categories for both psychology and mental health among Asian Americans and Hispanics. Specifically, for masters’ degrees, Alliant ranks:
- #3 for awarding masters’ degrees in mental and social health services to Asian Americans
- #4 for awarding masters’ degrees in mental and social health services to Hispanics
- #4 for awarding masters’ degrees in psychology to Native Americans
- #7 for awarding masters’ degrees in psychology to Hispanics
- #8 for awarding masters’ degrees in psychology Asian Americans
Combining both doctoral and masters’ degrees, Alliant is ranked in a total of 20 categories that span all minority groups and multiple disciplines.
Alliant has consistently received high marks for diversity in these annual rankings, reflecting its institutional commitment to multiculturalism, a core pillar of its mission.
“Here in California, we live in one of the most diverse states in the nation,” said Alliant Provost Russ Newman. “And as a university dedicated to promoting diversity and training practitioners that are both internationally and multiculturally competent, we feel it is our duty to ensure the advancement of minority students in higher education. We are proud to consistently be ranked highly by Diverse magazine as a top producer of minority degrees and pleased we are making a tangible impact on our community.”
A complete list of Alliant’s 2013 doctoral degree rankings and 2013 master’s degree rankings are available online, as well as the full list of Diverse magazine’s Top 100 Degree Producers rankings.