Staff Psychologist – University of Southern California
Engemann Student Health Center – Student Counseling Services (SCS)
USC Student Counseling Services (http://engemannshc.usc.edu/counseling/) seeks two experienced senior psychologists to join a diverse and dynamic multidisciplinary team who are strongly committed to providing excellent clinical services and training. We are seeking candidates who have solid generalist skills, enjoy training and supervision, have outreach expertise, and thrive in a collaborative, collegial, and professional environment. Working at USC Student Counseling Services is a great opportunity for someone who has energy and creativity to develop programs and interventions in the areas of substance abuse, attention deficit disorder, international students and/or LGBTQ concerns.
USC Student Counseling Services provides a full range of counseling and psychological services including in the areas of clinical work (individual and couples therapy, group counseling, consultation, and crisis intervention), training and supervision (psychology practicum, social work internship, APA-Accredited pre-doctoral psychology internship, and post-doctoral psychology fellowship), and prevention and outreach.
1. Doctorate in Counseling or Clinical Psychology from an APA-accredited program.
2. License in the state of California or license-eligible within 6 months in the state of California
3. Multicultural competency in working with students of color, students from all economic classes, first generation students, LGBTQ students, and international students
1. Work experience in college counseling centers
2. Three years post-licensure experience in a clinical setting
3 Excellent diagnostic and supervisory skills and experience
4. Commitment to the highest ethical standards of professional practice and to professional integrity
5. Demonstrated knowledge, experience, and skills in short term individual psychotherapy and group process work
6. Desire to continue to grow as a professional and committed to excellence
The University of Southern California is one of the world’s leading private research universities with approximately 40,000 students from all 50 states and enrolls more international students than any other U.S. university. USC is located in the heart of Los Angeles, a culturally rich metropolitan city, and is close to both beach and mountains with wonderful outdoor recreation opportunities. The mild temperatures along with the city’s average of 329 days of sun per year makes Los Angeles a wonderful city to live and work.
Required Application Materials
Until the online posting is placed, please send cover letter which specifies qualifications and interest areas, resume/vita, and three professional letters of recommendation to Ilene Rosenstein, Director, at email@example.com . Once jobs are posted (submit material to Ilene Rosenstein until listed online). Please apply to University of Southern California, internal job title of Staff Psychologist at https://jobs.usc.edu. A cover letter which specifies qualifications and interest areas, resume/vita, and three professional letters of recommendation must be attached to the online application. Online applications must be fully completed, including work history, all education details, and licensing information, even if attaching a resume.
Accepting positions until filled
Send Applications To:
Ilene Rosenstein, PhD
USC Student Counseling Services
1031 W. 34th St. Suite 304
Los Angeles, CA 90089