Senior Consultant Positions – Gulf of Mexico in Texas
Provides expert level consultation, guidance and direction in Learning, Talent Management, and Organization Development fields to other human resources professionals, institutional leaderand customers. Serves as a HR strategic role model to other HR staff, and may function as a team leader. Provides in-depth content expertise and project management in the design, development and/or implementation of strategic human resources programs, policies and practices.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Learning and Talent Management
- Utilizes intake process for customer requests and facilitates issue resolution.
- Assesses customer training and/or development needs and meets need by delivering training or identifying appropriate resource.
- Develops and conducts complex presentations and training classes.
- Provides data analysis of developmental initiatives and outcomes.
- Develops and conducts leadership development and other custom curriculum.
- Provides personal, individualized coaching services to leadership.
- Develops and coordinates Succession Planning.
- Provides guidance to customers regarding workforce and employee development issues and assists in creation of just-in-time training and development systems.
- Reviews current workforce development trends and keeps current on new practices including technology driven solutions.
- Monitors and evaluates consulting and employee development outcomes.
- Seeks creative funding sources including but not limited to vendor or grants and may include vendor or grant management.
- Participates in institutional task forces focused on institutional program initiatives and communications.
- Develops relationships and business partnerships with Managers, Directors, and Entity Leaders to facilitate problem resolution.
- Provides leadership and guidance to executives and institutional leaders regarding strategic initiatives and HR issues
- Provides strategic direction in the management and analysis of the You Count! Employee satisfaction survey program, results, and process, including vendor relationship management and the budget/accounting process.
- Provides feedback and interpretation to customers in the survey and profiling process.
- Provides consultative services to evaluate, analyze, make recommendations, and implement positions, job descriptions, and career ladders.
- Develops and conducts leadership team development includingretreats/meetings facilitations.
- Develops measurement systems and processes.
- Assists with reductions-in-force as necessary.
- May interface with leadership at UT Components, city, state and/or federal government agencies or outside vendors.
MARGINAL OR PERIODIC FUNCTIONS:
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Expert Learning, Talent and Organization Development professional.
- Knowledge of Human Resources and employment law.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Strong partnership and in-depth understanding of the customer’s business and current issues.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent and advanced presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strategic level of impact and influence with customers.
- Ability to think and make decision independently
- Leadership development, consulting and coaching skills.
- High level of ability in dealing with difficult customers to gain consensus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to provide process improvement and strategic work.
- Proficient use of personal computers and general office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Strong project management skills across multiple customer groups.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects at the same time and prioritize work
Bachelor’s degree in related field and 6 years of directly-related exempt level experience,
Master’s degree in related field and 8 years of directly-related exempt level experience. Active participation with HR-related professional organization
Standard personal computer equipment.
Office environment, campus meeting rooms. Requires ability to move between buildings across campus and to locations across the state.
Specific job requirements or physical location of some positions allocated to this classification, may render this position security sensitive, and thereby subject to the provisions of Section 51.215, Texas Education Code.
ANY QUALIFICATIONS TO BE CONSIDERED AS EQUIVALENTS IN LIEU OF STATED MINIMUMS REQUIRE THE PRIOR APPROVAL OF THE VICE PRESIDENT FOR HUMAN RESOURCES AND EMPLOYEE SERVICES.
THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS MEDICAL BRANCH AT GALVESTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION UNIVERSITY