Scripps Research Institute (CA): Licensed Staff Counselor
Scripps Research Institute
Licensed Staff Counselor
The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI), one of the world’s largest independent non-profit research facilities, stands at the forefront of basic biomedical science, a vital segment of medical research that seeks to comprehend the most fundamental processes of life. To learn more about TSRI, please visit us at www.scripps.edu. Job Location – La Jolla, California
The Scripps Research Institute is currently seeking a part-time Licensed Staff Counselor for the California
Campus. The Counselor will;
• Provide counseling to students, staff and faculty (individual counseling, couples therapy and family support);
• Provide in-house presentations and crisis debriefing to the La Jolla campus community;
• Provide assessments and referrals as warranted;
• Complete and manage individual and department records including appointments, therapy intake, progress and closing notes; summary data entry; and correspondence as needed;
• Participate in support group services (Assertiveness support group, ScrippsAssists, etc.);
• Develop and implement on-site employee workshops, such as brown-bag Lunch and Learn presentations;
• Perform own administrative duties or assign basic duties to clerical support within CAPS;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ph.D. or Psy.D. in clinical or counseling psychology with licensure to practice independently in the state of California in the associated field.
• Master’s degree in clinical social work with licensure and a minimum of two years’ experience may be accepted in lieu of the required Ph.D. or Psy.D.
• Some experience in counseling, assessment and diagnosis, outreach, crisis debriefing and consultation.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated crisis management skills.
• Leadership, problem-solving, and public speaking skills.
• Current knowledge of and adherence to ethical, legal and professional guidelines.
• Ability to think creatively and work well as part of a team.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Experience with Titanium software system preferred.
Part time – 15 hours per week (Monday – Friday between 9 am – 5 pm)
Salary is commensurate with experience
To learn more about this opportunity and submit your application for consideration, please visit our website at https://careers.scripps.edu. Requisition # 00791
NOTE: The Scripps Research Institute cannot accept your resume via email, U.S. mail or fax due to Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO)/ Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) reporting requirements. Individual resumes submitted outside of our website will not be reviewed or considered.
If you are a person with disability who is in need of a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in TSRI’s application, interview, and/or selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (858) 784-8534for assistance. TSRI embraces diversity and recognizes it is being a key to our success. We believe in developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. EOE/AA/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran