Psychology Postdoctoral Fellowship Program with an Emphasis in Primary Care Integration, Women’s Health, and Behavioral Medicine – Dayton Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Psychology Postdoctoral Fellowship Program with an Emphasis in Primary Care Integration, Women’s Health, and Behavioral Medicine
Dayton Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Program Description: The postdoctoral fellowship will provide advanced generalist education and training with an emphasis on provision of services within a primary care and interdisciplinary setting. The training and services provided will occur within the framework of the Patient Centered Medical Home, and will be designed to incorporate training in and provision of healthcare services for Women Veterans. The fellows will develop expertise in complementary areas of combat trauma, through interaction with the OEF/OIF clinic, Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, and specialty psychological assessments, such as pre-surgical transplantation evaluations.
The fellow will have an opportunity to develop and utilize consultation and behavioral health skills needed while providing mental health services in a primary care setting. The model for providing these services, the Primary Care Mental Health Integration (PCMHI) Model, encourages the fellow to provide services that are evidence-based, timely, strength-based, and sensitive to the needs of the veteran.
There will be an emphasis in our program on the clinical, consultation, and behavioral health skills needed to provide patient centered care as part of a multidisciplinary team. Multidisciplinary teams in PCMHI will include primary care physicians, nurse practitioners, pharmacologists, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, nurses, and administrative staff. Our fellows will have the opportunity to train with other students and developing professionals from varying disciplines including but not limited to: primary care fellows, psychiatry fellows, and nursing students of varying levels.
The program’s current brochure is attached. Information about our program and application materials is also available at: http://www.dayton.va.gov/careers/PsychologyTraining.asp
The following materials are required to apply:
- A cover letter that describes your personal training goals and how our fellowship program may meet those goals. In your letter, please describe your previous educational, research, and clinical experience relevant to the fellowship and general career goals.
- A copy of your curriculum vitae.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty members or clinical supervisors who are familiar with your clinical as well as your research work.
- A letter or email from the graduate program Director of Training specifying current dissertation status and the projected timeline for completing all requirements for the doctoral degree.
- A letter or email from the internship Training Director indicating good standing in the program and expected completion date (if the internship is already completed, please submit certificate or similar documentation).
- One official graduate transcript from each graduate program attended.
Questions regarding the program may be directed to Dr. Andrea Bischoff at 937-268-6511 x4501 or email at Andrea.Bischoff@va.gov