Psychologist Position Opening (Tacoma, WA)
Allenmore Psychologist Associates P.S. is a private practice that has been in business since 1986. We are looking for a psychologist to compliment our existing group and serve a wide referral base. At present, our practice is comprised of nine psychologists, three Master’s-level counselors, an ARNP (Psychiatric Nurse), two Psychometrists, and five office staff. As a group practice, we incorporate supervision and consultation. After a careful review of the local market, we have developed a model to help a licensed psychologist acquire work experience quickly. It can also be a lucrative opportunity. Office staff primarily does the work required for credentialing (i.e. getting people on insurance panels), filing, billing, and so forth. Practitioner’s get to focus on what they do best–providing excellent psychological services. We have a great reputation in a good market and our caseloads are generally booked out 4+ weeks. Please view our website at www.allenmorecounseling.com.
Employee benefits are numerous and include:
- Space, furniture, computer, and supplies necessary to operate one’s clinical practice
- Credentialing for getting on health insurance panels
- Malpractice insurance
- Vacation coverage
- Continuing education support
- Paid sick leave
- Retirement plan and contribution to that plan
- Productivity bonuses
- Paid relocation support for out-of-state candidates
Allenmore Psychological Associates P.S. is located in Tacoma, WA. This area has reasonably priced housing, is in close proximity to quality school districts, and most of our employees live within a 15-minute drive from our office. Excellent cultural and arts attractions, professional athletic teams, and outdoor and water sports activities are very accessible. The Sea-Tac International Airport is only 30 minutes away while travel to the city of Seattle can be accomplished in only 41 minutes.
Candidates for this position should meet the following criteria:
- Function as licensed psychologists for the state of Washington or are license eligible for this state.
- Interested in working in a private practice and have entrepreneurial interests and skills. This includes understanding basic business functions, e.g. that income is tied to productivity, performance, and effective marketing of services.
- Open to doing primarily assessment for the first year.
- Interested in making a long-term commitment to the practice.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Possession of a Washington state license.
- 5+ years of licensed clinical experience.
- APA-accredited doctoral training and internship experience.
- Experience and interest in treating complex cases, e.g. severe psychopathology such as personality and eating disorders.
Please submit curriculum vitae to Dr. Copeland at the email address listed below.Brett T. Copeland, Psy.D. Licensed Psychologist Allenmore Psychological Associates, P.S. 1530 South Union Avenue, Suite 16 Tacoma, WA 98405 email@example.com