Psychologist – Florida
University of South Florida
Job Title: Psychologist
Job ID: 4053
Location: USF Tampa
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Dept Number/Name: 0-0415-000 Counseling Center
College/Division: Stud Affairs-Wellness
Salary Plan: Administration
Hiring Salary/Salary Range: $57,000 to $65,000
Position Number: 00016036 and 00006902 (2) positions
The Counseling Center is a critical component of the Division of Student Affairs and strives to support the mental health and well-being of the student body. Through the provision of high quality clinical services and best-practice, innovative outreach, consultation, and education, the Counseling Center is recognized and valued for its contribution to student success. The Counseling Center, with a staff of 23 professionals including psychiatrists, psychologists, and social workers, is accredited by IACS and has an APA- accredited pre-doctoral internship.
The University of South Florida Counseling Center is seeking staff psychologists with the skills and creativity to share our commitment to excellence and who would enhance the diversity and resources of our staff. We welcome applications from both entry level professionals and those with several years’ experience.
Typical duties of the staff psychologist include:
• Culturally sensitive triage, individual, couples, group and crisis counseling/psychotherapy for USF students over a broad range of concerns and diagnoses, including psychological, social or other difficulties that interfere with student’s academic success
• Crisis intervention management, including on call coverage for a student population
• Risk assessment and mental status evaluation
• Participation in clinical supervision and training for masters, doctoral and post-doctoral level trainees
• Prevention and community intervention (outreach) as well as consultation for the USF faculty and staff.
Participation in student affairs activities pertinent to student and employee wellbeing, including serving on university committees
Other duties as may be assigned
Candidates must have an earned doctorate in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA accredited program which includes an APA accredited internship in professional psychology. Licensure or license-eligible as a psychologist in the State of Florida (to be obtained within one year of hire).
Licensed as a psychologist in Florida in accordance with Chapter 490, F.S.*.
• Experience working with a college student population.
• Experience providing short-term individual and group therapy, emergency assessment, and crises intervention.
• A demonstrated commitment to the highest ethical standards of professional practice.
• Clinical experience with culturally diverse groups including ethnic minorities (African-American, Latino/a, Asian-American, multiracial, or Native American), LGBTQ students, international students, substance abuse, and athletes.
• Experience and comfort working with students presenting with “high risk” difficulties including suicidal ideation, eating disorders, substance abuse, PTSD, and/or trauma.
• Experience and comfort in the professional use of social media/technology.
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Additional Information for Applicants: Candidates are required to upload: statement of interest; curriculum vita; academic transcripts; three letters of recommendation.
Information for Applicants
This position is subject to a criminal background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of South Florida is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and Equal Access Institution and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.
The University of South Florida is a high-impact, global research university located in beautiful Tampa Bay on Florida’s spectacular west coast. It is one of the largest public universities in the nation, and among the top 50 universities, public or private, for federal research expenditures. The university is one of only four Florida public universities classified by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching in the top tier of research universities, a distinction attained by only 2.3 percent of all universities.
At the heart of USF is a vibrant, diverse and engaged student body. More than 47,000 students are enrolled in the USF System, a system of three separately accredited institutions – USF Tampa, USF St. Petersburg and USF Sarasota-Manatee – with an annual budget of $1.5 billion and an annual economic impact of $3.7 billion. The university’s main Tampa campus is home to USF Health, including the Colleges of Medicine, Nursing, Public Health and Pharmacy.
With over 230 degree programs at the undergraduate, graduate, specialty and doctoral levels, including the doctor of medicine, there’s something for everyone at USF. The university offers a dynamic learning environment that inspires innovation, creativity and collaboration and is focused on student success. More than 2,000 distinguished scholars, researchers and expert teachers, nearly all holding PhDs or the highest degrees in their fields, make up the USF faculty – including the 2012 U.S. Professor of the Year.
USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference, with 17 men’s and women’s varsity teams competing at the NCAA-level. New facilities for practice and competition, along with a completely renovated USF Sun Dome, put the university’s athletic facilities on par with virtually every top program in the country. For more information about USF please visit: http://www.usf.edu/
Working at USF
With more than 16,000 employees in the USF System, the University of South Florida is one of the largest employers in the Tampa Bay region. At USF you will find opportunities to excel in a rich academic environment that fosters the development and advancement of our employees. We believe in creating a talented, engaged and driven workforce through on-going development and career opportunities. We also offer a first class benefit package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, retirement plan options, tuition program and generous leave programs and more.
To learn more about working at USF please visit: Work Here. Learn Here. Grow Here.