Psychiatrist – North Carolina
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Counseling and Psychological Services
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
The individual in this position is responsible for the direct psychiatric care of eligible persons who come to Counseling and Psychological Services for assistance. This includes psychiatric evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up and referral when indicated. S/he is expected to participate in the organizational performance improvement program and to bring to administrative attention any areas which in his/her judgment require attention for improvement reasons. Consultation with members of the University community and participation on counseling related campus committees is also encouraged and expected as indicated. The psychiatrist plays an important role in health education, especially through individual contacts with student clientele.
- Encouraged to engage in some community outreach to both assist in the delivery of health care information to the community as well as increasing the visibility of CAPS across campus.
- Encouraged to develop an area(s) of specific interest in topics related to the wellbeing of university students and the university environment.
- Graduation from an approved medical school and completion of an approved residency.
- Licensure by the North Carolina Medical Board. Board certification in Psychiatry is expected. Psychiatrists who have just completed their training will be given adequate time to convert from board eligible to board certified.
- Must have a current knowledge in depth of his/her field and its standards of practice; have a commitment to the practice of quality mental health services including a commitment to human value in that practice; have a special interest in the university setting and the processes of maturation which occur during college years, undergraduate and graduate; and have an ability to work with other professional staff and support staff to produce integrated professional services.
To apply, visit http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/41648 Attach a letter of interest, resume, and the names and contact information for three current references. Only Microsoft Word documents and PDF file attachments will be accepted. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all to apply, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.