Private Practice Workshop: Irvine, CA (Oct. 11)
HOW TO DEVELOP AN
ON-LINE MARKETING PRESENCE FOR
MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
Sponsored and hosted by Aliant International University and The Living Success Center
When: October 11, 2014
Location: Alliant International University, Irvine Campus Rooms 319-320 (3rd floor)
Cost: $25 (trainees) $30 (interns) $125 licensed therapists
Contact: Irvine Campus MFT Student Organization at: firstname.lastname@example.org
*4 CEUs will be provided to licensed clinicians
Provider PCE #5662
Small businesses in mental health fail due to lack of marketing and branding. In order to have a successful private practice in mental health, professionals must not only have clinical skills, but also marketing skills. This seminar/workshop will help mental health professional gain knowledge pertaining to professional development and market strategizing. This workshop will explore effective ways therapists in private practice market through social media outlets such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Attendees of this course will be able to do the following:
- Understand the legal and ethical standards of marketing and advertising through social media such as Facebook, YouTube, and other social networking sites as a Pre-licensed and Licensed Marriage and Family therapist.
- How to create a YouTube, Linkedin, Instagram, and Twitter to promote your private practice.
- Setting fees, charging your worth, and discussing fees with clients in a therapeutic approach.
- Creative marketing strategy that will promote the branding of your practice.
- How to develop a power on-line presence in order to increase your client load and other professional opportunity.
- Legal and ethical standards of marketing and advertising.
- Exploration of CAMFT and AAMFT adverting standards.
- Acceptable titles for pre-licensed and licensed marriage and family therapists.
- Scope of practice and content in Blogs and Video-blogs.
- Therapist view of marketing.
- Philosophical view of marketing by mental health therapist.
- Therapist personality and types of marketing.
- Create an effective Facebook, YouTube, Linkedin, and Twitter marketing campaign showcasing the clinician’s mental health practice to gain clients and professional opportunities.
- Top down approach to media marketing and strategizing.
- Visual and lighting effects that increase viewer attention.
- Creative ways to project a sense of urgency and interest with your audience.
- How to create traffic to your website with blogging, video blogging and email marketing campaign.
- Word of mouth promotional.
- Recruiting other professionals in non-related field.
- Partnering with other social services in the community that target the same clientele.
- How to develop a YouTube channel discussing important topics on mental health related topics.
- Sending email surveys to individuals in the community.
- Monitoring discussion on Facebook, Twitter, and other media sources to gain resources on topics to discuss on your YouTube channel.
Recommended Resources and Text:
Waldman, Larry (2010). The Graduate Course You Never Had. UCS Press Tucson, AZ.
AAMFT code of ethics on advertising:
CAMFT advertising guidelines for therapist: http://www.camft.org/ScriptContent/CAMFTarticles/Advertising/Advertising_Guidelines2.htm
Mary Lou Roberts, Debra Zahay., (2012). Internet Marketing Integrating Online and
Offline Strategies (3rd edition). Cengage South-Western.
Visit the websites: