Postdoctoral Fellowship – Arizona
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Culture, Family, Activities, and Youth Development
Arizona State University
T. Denny Sanford School of Social and Family Dynamics
The T. Denny Sanford School of Social and Family Dynamics (http://thesanfordschool.asu.edu) and the Latino Resilience Enterprise: Initiatives on Positive Youth Development & Healthy Family Relationships invite applications for a Post-Doctoral Research Scholar. This is a benefits-eligible appointment funded by a grant from the William T. Grant Foundation. Subsequent renewal is possible on an annual basis contingent upon performance, availability of resources, and the needs of the unit. The successful candidate will be expected to work with faculty and graduate students to analyze and disseminate findings on a mixed-methods project that includes two datasets, one of which is quantitative and the other which is more qualitative. The study focuses on Latino adolescents’ organized after-school activities and the role of culture and ethnicity, family processes, and motivation in their participation. Anticipated start date can be as early as August 1, 2014. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with background and experience.
- PhD or equivalent in child development, family studies, psychology, social work, sociology, or a related field by time of appointment
- Expertise in either (a) advanced qualitative data techniques or (b) advanced quantitative analytic techniques (e.g., structural equation modeling)
- Evidence of a commitment to dissemination of research
- Expertise in adolescent development
- Substantive interests in one of the following areas: Latino families, immigration, organized activities, or family processes
- Experience analyzing and publishing mixed-methods research.
To apply, please send a curriculum vitae, three letters of reference, and a cover letter describing research experience and skills relevant to this position. Materials should be sent electronically in a single pdf to Sandi Simpkins at TDSSSFDpostdoc@gmail.com with the applicant’s last name in the subject line. Initial review of applications will begin May 1, 2014 and, if not filled, every week thereafter until the search is closed. A background check is required for employment.
Arizona State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to excellence through diversity. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply (https://www.asu.edu/titleiX/)/