Post-Doc Fellowship at Notre Dame de Namur University Counseling Services
Postdoctoral Fellow Position Announcement:
Notre Dame de Namur University Counseling Services
1500 Ralston Avenue
Belmont, CA, 94002
Timeline: We will be reviewing applications and interviewing ASAP until the position has been filled.
Overview: 25-29 hours per week from January 11th, 2016 until May 19th, 2016 (some flexibility with start and end dates; note that weekly schedule will be fixed M-F). There will be a stipend offered. The postdoctoral fellow will conduct intake sessions, individual therapy, and crisis intervention as well as provide case management and outreach to the campus community. Other tasks may be delegated by the Director or Training Director as well as needed. Case management, consultation, outreach, and crisis work will comprise the majority of this position. *Note that these responsibilities are flexible and wax/wane as needed to meet clinical demand.
- Case Management:
- Provide case management of students with complex mental and physical health problems, learning disabilities and comorbidities.
- Serve as a referral coordinator for students in need of resources off campus.
- Coordinate student transitions from NDNU services to external, community providers if necessary (e.g., psychiatric/psychological treatment services, alcohol/drug/addiction treatment services, return to parental care).
- Communicate with staff, parents, families, or designated emergency contacts regarding emergencies including hospitalizations and other crises to help facilitate success on campus, or transition back to campus if possible, when issues are appropriately resolved.
- Consult regularly with the various departments on campus regarding services, access, and care particularly Student Life and Leadership and the Academic Success Center
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with NDNU campus agencies and community providers
- Coordinate specialty services on campus for student groups who would benefit by group programs such as AA, Al Anon, NarcAnon, etc.
- Develop and facilitate outreach programming for the campus community regularly, based on mental health awareness, resources, and access.
- Plan and implement an annual health and wellness fair on campus.
- Provide time-limited treatment (up to 15 sessions per academic year) to up to 5 individual clients weekly.
- Crisis Work:
- Provide crisis interventions for walk-ins as needed and/or as delegated by the Director and Training Director.
- Provide crisis consultations to the campus community as needed.
- Serve as on-call counselor when the Director and Training Director are not available.
- Training Program:
- Provide one didactic training to counseling staff.
- Attend weekly group supervision, which includes staff meeting and case consultation.
- Attend weekly individual supervision (total supervision time will account for 10% of weekly hours).
- Attend annually scheduled conferences and supplemental trainings Table of Plenty; BAPIC Fair; Call to Action Day).
- Attend select weekly didactic training seminars.
Contact: Please send cover letter and CV to Jessica DiVento, Psy.D. via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters of reference and transcripts may be requested during the screening process. Questions? Please contact Dr. DiVento via email or at (650) 508-3578.