Online Education Benefits – Why Pursuing Your Dream Career May Be More Realistic than You Think
There comes a point during everyone’s lives when he or she wonders, “Am I truly doing what I love to do?”
For many, this question is met with either a bit of an uneasy feeling or an unequivocal “no,” and studying toward a new career may feel impossible because he or she:
- already works a 40-or-more-hour-per-week job
- has a family and household to take care of
- doesn’t have the time and energy to invest in a new career path
- or feels a combination of all the above
Advances in online education have made it possible for busy people to change careers and pursue something they truly love. And because of the wealth of benefits of online education, more and more people are pursuing undergraduate and even graduate degrees online.
Here are a few reasons you might want to consider doing the same:
- Many Programs to Choose From – Because of the demand for online education, an increasing number of universities are offering more and more of their programs online. Therefore, whether you are interested in becoming a marriage and family therapist, a forensics analyst or even a school psychologist, you will likely have several online options available to you.
- Flexible Schedules – Perhaps the biggest benefit of online education is the ability to tailor one’s class schedule to fit their already busy life, both at work and at home. Whether it’s downloading the professor’s visual or audible lesson plan, completing assignments and projects, or participating in online discussions, almost all of your online degree can be completed at your convenience – either in the morning before work, at night after the kids go to bed, or on the weekends during your free time – whenever best fits your schedule.
- Real World Experience – Some prospective students wonder if their online degree will really benefit them in the real world and prepare them for their future jobs. Today, many online programs also include various practicum, so students are able to complete the online component of their degrees while also gaining the necessary training that’s only valuable through an in-person experience.
- Increasing Technology – Again, with the increasing demand for online education, universities are competing to offer the best online experiences possible. Online classes are getting faster, more dynamic and interactive, and more educational. Today, most employers are unable to tell the difference between candidates who earned their degree on-campus or online.
There are countless other benefits of online education that you will experience firsthand if you decide to take that next step in your career. And if you aren’t sure of what your future holds, but you are sure that it doesn’t involve what you are doing now, consider contacting Alliant International University, which offers the following online degree programs:
Online Masters in Applied Criminology, Online Masters in Clinical Counseling, Online Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy, Online Masters in Organizational Behavior, Online Masters in Organizational Psychology, Online Masters in School Counseling, Online Masters in School Psychology, Online Masters in Education with Teaching Emphasis, Online Teaching Credential Programs, and Online Masters in Teaching English to Speaks of Other Languages.
Your future career is waiting for you, and it is likely easier to obtain today than ever before!
If you have any questions about our online degrees or about how online courses work at Alliant International University, please call 1-866-825-5426 or click the following to contact an Alliant admission counselor today.