Mental Health Professional – Weber State University
The Weber State University Counseling & Psychological Services Center (CPSC) is pleased to accept applications for a full-time 12-month clinical position. Expected start date of position is mid-August 2014. Duties primarily include brief individual and couples/family counseling and crisis intervention, with additional opportunities for group therapy, outreach, and consultation.
- Master’s degree from an appropriately accredited college/university and graduate program in Counseling or Clinical Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, or related field.
- Current licensure to practice mental health therapy in Utah or license-eligible within one year. Please note that all appropriate requirements for practice must be completed prior to start date (see http://www.dopl.utah.gov/ for details).
- One year of experience providing psychotherapy to adult outpatient clients, including some couples and/or families
- Doctoral degree from an appropriately accredited college/university and graduate program in Counseling or Clinical Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience and competence in the following areas:
- Providing couples therapy and family therapy
- Counseling diverse populations, including members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Weber State University is a comprehensive, regional university on two beautiful campuses in Ogden and Layton, Utah with three other regional centers in Northern Utah. WSU prides itself in its quality teaching, its commitment to meeting the needs of students at every stage of life and its ongoing service to the community. The university emphasizes undergraduate education and has an enrollment of over 25,000 students. It offers more than 200 certificate and degree programs, the largest and most comprehensive undergraduate offering in the state. The university also offers 11 graduate degrees. For more information about Weber State, visit www.weber.edu/.
Ogden is located 30 miles north of Salt Lake City on the slopes of the Wasatch Mountains and is a culturally and intellectually vibrant metropolitan area that provides affordable options for city, suburban, or country living. The Utah mountain environment offers year-round recreational opportunities including 12 national parks and monuments and 13 ski resorts on public lands.
CPSC is a department within the Division of Student Affairs, which has over 170 full time staff members, 400 student employees and 28 departments. The division provides an array of educational opportunities, programs and services to help students learn and succeed. Many services and programs directly support classroom and course learning such as tutoring and testing. Others are intended to assist students in overcoming barriers that might limit their ability to profit from learning or to help students attain a holistic education and healthy lifestyle.
The mission of CPSC is to enhance the psychological growth and development of the diverse Weber State University community. We support the academic experience by providing brief mental health counseling, outreach, and consultation services that help individuals identify barriers, improve coping, and achieve personal goals. CPSC has a clinical staff of 10 mental health professionals and one part-time psychiatric nurse. Services are provided within a brief therapy model for students, faculty, and staff on both Ogden and Davis campuses. While primary responsibilities are clinical in nature, staff members also assist with assessment efforts of the division and within the department, collaborate with colleagues across the division and the campus, and serve on various interdisciplinary committees. Please visit the CPSC website at http://weber.edu/CounselingCenter/default.html for further information about the center.
Compensation is commensurate for the region and includes an excellent benefits package.
Criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
All applicants must apply online at http://jobs.weber.edu and must include names and contact information for three professional references.
Applications accepted immediately; position will remain open until filled. Screening will begin on Monday, May 12, 2014.
Weber State University is an AA/EO employer and acts in compliance with all aspects of the ADA. Members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.