Licensed Clinical Psychologist Position at Stanford University
Vice Provost for Student Affairs/Vaden Health Center
Counseling and Psychological Services
Provide crisis intervention, brief individual, couples, and/or group counseling and psychotherapy, clinical consultation, outreach programming, and supervision of pre-doctoral interns, post-doctoral fellows, and/or psychiatry residents.CORE DUTIES*:
– The preferred candidate would have expertise working with African American or Native American student populations.
– Provide comprehensive outpatient mental health services and programs to a diverse student population with a specific focus on clinical and outreach services to the African American or Native American student community.
– Conduct phone triage and schedule students for intake, medical evaluation, or referral to outside provider.
– Provide weekly intake evaluations, individual brief therapy, couples therapy, group therapy, and psycho-educational groups.
– Assess the mental health functioning of students through scheduled appointments, drop-in hours or emergency phone contact.
– Provide crisis assessment, intervention, and management to students of concern or in crisis; assess need for higher level care.
– Respond to crisis calls after hours during on-call rotation; assist in decision-making of immediate needs, safety planning, disposition, consultation, and referral.
– Evaluate and respond to emergency situations; provide consultation to campus for urgent/crisis situations.
– Track students of concern or requiring higher levels of care, participate in discharge planning, and manage referrals.
– Develop campus outreach through participation in educational programming and additional program development.
– Participate as liaison to community centers. This may include attending meetings and development of activities and programming.
– Complete special administrative projects as assigned.
– Conduct seminar/rotation training.
– Supervise pre/post-doctoral and/or psychiatry residents.
* – Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
-Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical or Counseling psychology and one year post-degree experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Demonstrated clinical competence with African American or Native American student communities.
– Expertise in clinical skills in evaluation, crisis intervention, and case management.
– Demonstrated strong communication skills (verbal and written).
Certifications and Licenses:
– Licensed Psychologist in California.
– Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks.
– Occasionally stand, walk, twist, use fine manipulation, grasp, use a telephone, write by hand, sort and file paperwork, lift, carry, push, and rarely pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* – Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
– Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
– Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
– Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
– Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Experience a culture of excellence.
Stanford University, located in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley, is one of the world’s leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions for the betterment of humanity and for preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
To foster the talents and aspirations of our 10,000 staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives. Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
Stanford University is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.