JD Power – McGraw Hill: “Marketing Scientist” Position – Psychology Grads Encouraged to Apply
The Role: As a Marketing Scientist in the Analytical Center of Excellence, you will design survey research studies, analyze and interpret the results on syndicated research studies that measure customer satisfaction. Your job is to work closely with other researchers and scientists in the development of survey questions, methodologies, sampling plans and analysis plans. In addition, you will perform statistical analysis on survey data and interpret results for business users.
The Impact: You will support syndicated studies which address industry level consumer needs and serve as customer satisfaction benchmarks in a variety of industries such as Automotive, Financial Services, Insurance, Energy and Telecom. The outcome of your work will be used by clients to help them understand what is important to consumers, how their brand performs relative to their competition, what their brand needs to do to improve and the financial benefit of making these improvements.
The Career Opportunity: You will have the opportunity to work with industry experts to learn how different industries are structured and how they leverage consumer information to guide product development and service improvements efforts. You will also have the opportunity to strengthen your research design and statistical skills by daily exposure to senior research staff at JD Power.
The Team: The Analytical Center of Excellence has global responsibility for the research design, analyses planning and execution of all advanced analytics at JD Power. Additionally the team is responsible for establishing and monitoring the adherence of research best practices that serve as the basis for quality of all research products at JD Power. Our role is critical to the success of not only individual studies, but to the strength and credibility of the JD Power brand. You will report directly to the Marketing Sciences Sr. Director and join a team of highly educated and enthusiastic researchers and statisticians that collaborate regularly with each other and with other teams across the firm.
Your Skills: Survey Design and Methodology, Sampling Methods, Multivariate Statistical Analysis (multiple regression, factor analysis, structural equation modeling), statistical software programming (SAS,SPSS).
Our Hiring Manager says: I’m looking for someone who can work as part of a broader engagement team and can use our data to help companies understand what drives customer satisfaction for their industry. This person needs to be able to explain complex statistical and research concepts to non-technical business users. This individual also has to work independently to create survey content and analyze data using statistical packages (SAS, SPSS). If you’re right for this role, you are a self-starter who is able to develop creative solutions to problems, not be afraid to ask questions as you learn our company’s culture and do it all with enthusiasm.
- Research Design and Review: Support JD Power Best Practices in study design including survey and sample planning. Advise on study design. Create analysis plans and survey question content.
- Analysis and Statistical Modeling: Perform multivariate statistical analysis on survey data using SAS.
- Data Interpretation: Interpret results for industry analysts and business users. Present results inaccessible formats (e.g., presentations or white papers).
- Consultation: Provide survey methods and statistical consultation to internal JD Power teams as well as external clients. Provide interpretation of study results. Provide research/analytical support for new business opportunities.
- Thought leadership: Working in collaboration with other team members develop, test, interpret and present research on new and innovative approaches, methods or technicians that can we applied to the advancement of our business.
- PhD in Psychology, Statistics or related social science fields.
- 3 years research experience (survey design/analysis).
- Travel, some overtime and weekend work is required as needed.
- An advanced understanding of Multivariate Statistics, Research Design, Measurement Theory, Attitudinal Research.
- Statistical packages—SAS (preferred), SPSS.
- Must be able to work effectively and collaboratively in a team oriented, global, and multi-cultural environment.
About J.D. Power and McGraw Hill Financial
At J.D. Power, you’ll be at a worldwide leader of marketing information services. Companies from more than a dozen industries turn to J.D. Power’s quality and customer satisfaction research for actionable consumer insights to help produce better products and services.
Learn more at http://www.mhfi.com/careers/our-brands/jdp
McGraw Hill Financial includes Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices, J.D.Power, Platts, and McGraw Hill Construction. Together, we’re the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
McGraw-Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.comand your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.