I-Merit Student Awards
This year Alliant Irvine, I-Merit and the Society for Human Diversity have instituted three awards ($100 each) for students who have presented at conferences, workshops or trainings that are diversity related or engaged in research activities that are diversity related. There will also be two awards ($50 each) given for attending conferences outside of Alliant that are diversity related.
These awards are given to encourage students to engage in scholarship and professional practice activities that are diversity related that will in turn inform professional practice.
The eligibility criteria for the $100 awards are as follows:
- The presentation/scholarship activity must have been during the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Priority will be given according to authorship, with first authors given highest priority.
- Turn in your conference acceptance notice, a copy of your abstract and a brief memo of request stating how your scholarship relates to your professional practice goals.
The eligibility criteria for the $50 awards are as follows:
- You must have attended the conference, workshop or training during the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Turn in proof of CEUs and a brief memo of request explicitly stating how your training relates to your professional practice goals.
Students from all programs are invited to apply. For questions or to send your application on or before May 8, email firstname.lastname@example.org.