Help California. Make an Impact. Become a Teacher.
Education is the great equalizer, the most powerful path to success, and the most valuable asset in the modern era…yet the next generation’s ability to get a quality education is being threatened by one of the worst teacher shortage crises in modern history. What can we, as a society, do to reverse this troubling trend?
- Many school districts are offering signing bonuses and have increased entry salaries as a way to entice more teachers into their classrooms;
- Information is being disseminated in order to combat the common myth that wages are low or stagnant in the field. For example, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics shows that the mean wage for an elementary school
teacher in the US is $56,320 and in California, it is $69,320, with special education teachers or those with additional certifications earning significantly more;
- Many organizations, like Teach for America, are allowing recent college graduates to receive their advanced degrees in education while serving in the classroom;
- And perhaps the most impactful effort has been increasing scholarship opportunities for those who wish to enter the educational field.
Here at Alliant, we like to be part of the solution. We know that today, more than ever, California needs teachers. So the California School of Education at Alliant has launched the Teacher Shortage Scholarship, which will award over six-hundred thousand dollars in scholarships to new students entering Alliant’s teacher credential programs!
We offer graduate, undergraduate, credential and certificate programs supporting a broad range of careers in education. Whether students are seeking to begin their career in education, or are looking to move their career in education forward with our teacher credentialing programs, we are here to help.
We offer teacher credential and graduate education programs in:
- Educational Leadership and Management
- School Psychology
- School Counseling
- Teacher Education and Credentialing
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
Alliant International University is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and the California School of Education’s teacher credential programs are approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC).
With the new Teacher Shortage Scholarship program, there has never been a better time to apply! To learn more about the teaching and credentialing programs in California as well as online, Scholarships will be awarded until funds run out. Help California. Make an Impact. Become a Teacher.
Contact an Alliant admissions counselor today to learn more about our CA teacher credential programs by calling 1-866-825-5426.