Counselor – Wisconsin
Located between picturesque bluffs and the mighty Mississippi River, the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse (UW-L) is seeking two (2) outstanding candidates for the position of Counselor. One position is an ongoing position and the other is an interim position. Both of these positions offer a fantastic opportunity to positively impact the experiences of college students. UW-L has a rich tradition of providing an exceptional educational experience for students and our dedication to student success is what makes our university unique.
These positions are under the general supervision of the Director of the Counseling & Testing Center. Applicants will be able to choose to apply for the Counselor position, the Interim Counselor position, or for both positions. Those candidates interested in applying for both positions will only need to submit one application.
Both counselors will function as a generalist conducting brief initial assessments, full initial assessments, urgent care assessments, and other professional counseling services (including individual, couples, and group therapy). Other responsibilities include: referral, consultation, in-service training, and outreach. Counselors will provide crisis intervention services and public relations services to campus and community members as appropriate.
Counselors will participate on staff, student affairs, and university committees. Similar to all staff at the Counseling & Testing Center, counselors will work to integrate the ideals and goals of Inclusive Excellence in all aforementioned activities.
Successful candidates for these positions will have experience and expertise in serving young adult clients. These openings are for generalists as well as applicants with strong demonstrated interest and experience in one or more of the following areas of emphasis: disordered eating, substance use/abuse, men’s issues, ADHD, and mood disorders. Training and experience using Dialectical Behavior Therapy is desired. Candidates might also have a satellite office in the UW-L Student Health Center ? interested applicants would benefit from having experience working in an interdisciplinary setting and work well independently.
– Master’s degree in clinical psychology, clinical/community psychology, counseling psychology, social work, or related advanced degree is required.
– License in or license eligible in the state of Wisconsin in a counseling profession (e.g., LPC, LCSW) and all post degree hours must be completed by start date.
– Three or more years of post-graduate clinical experience, with at least one year experience in a college counseling setting strongly preferred.
– Demonstrated experience functioning at a high level as a generalist counselor in a diverse setting.
– Experience with crisis intervention and collaborative work with a multidisciplinary team.
– Experience conducting assessment and providing treatment for adults in one or more of the following areas: disordered eating, substance use/abuse, men’s issues, ADHD, mood disorders. Training and experience using Dialectical Behavior Therapy is desired.
– Experience conducting outreach programming, presentations, trainings, and/or workshops relevant to college students.
– Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with persons of diverse socio-economic, racial/ethnic, international, and LGBTQ backgrounds, including knowledge and sensitivity about multicultural issues. Preference will be given to those candidates who have experience working with culturally, racially, and diagnostically diverse college students.
Full posting is available at https://employment.uwlax.edu.