Clinical Psychologist – Kaiser Permanente Southern California
Psychologist ( Job Number: 225021)
Working for an organization with the size and resources of Kaiser Permanente Southern California means having the potential to positively affect the health and well-being of entire communities. That’s because each of us—from our finance, business, and IT experts to our RNs, allied health professionals, and physicians—shares a commitment to providing the best possible care experience. One of the most diverse regions in the country, Southern California offers everything from quaint coastal communities to bustling urban cities, high desert plains to snowy mountain peaks. Here, you’ll find the cultural, lifestyle, and recreational amenities to complement your work and your life. Come discover the resources, support, and opportunity you need to build the career you’ve always wanted.
Performs diagnoses and psychological assessments of referred patients by administering, scoring and interpreting psychometric and projective tests as well as other psycho-diagnostic techniques and behavior observations.
• Performs psychological assessments of referred patients by administering, scoring and interpreting psychometric and projective tests as well as other psychodiagnostic techniques and behavior observations.
• Provides treatment to adults and/or adolescents and children.
• Conducts initial interview with member, gathers and reviews all relevant information.
• Determines urgency of member’s needs. Provides a professional interpretation of member’s presentation and recommends a course of therapeutic action; selects appropriate treatment modality.
• Renders appropriate and immediate guidance and therapy for members in crisis or in need of clinical services.
• Maintains written record of therapy, prepares reports and letters; phones, writes and visits (with member permission) social agencies, schools, relatives, friends to obtain pertinent information.
• Provides telephone assessment, counseling, resource information and referrals.
• Transmits diagnostic and assessment information to referring professionals through verbal and written reports.
• May conduct program evaluation to assess quality of care and cost effectiveness of clinical procedures. May provide case management services to defined population.
• May offer consultation and inservice training to other mental health professionals on clinical issues relevant to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of psychological disorders to include consultation with physicians on psychological factors in the physical health or illness of individuals.
• May conduct research of human behavior and possible methods for eliminating psychological disorders. May offer research and program design consultation.
• Adheres to all mandated guidelines for patient’s clinical care and license, maintains license. Complies with organization, department, state, federal, regulatory agency guidelines, policies and procedures.
• Two (2) or more years of post graduate experience in a behavioral health setting required
• Internship in a Psychological Association (PA) approved program preferred.
• Doctorate degree from an APA accredited University with specialization in a field of clinical or counseling psychology.
License, Certification, Registration
• Current license as a Psychologist by the California Board of Behavioral Examiners.
• Previous clinical responsibilities in medical setting Familiarity with psychopharmacology, biofeedback and medical terminology.
• Experience in chronic pain strongly preferred.
• Strong computer skills
• Psychologist will participate in a multi-disciplinary treatment team approach within the chronic pain management program.
• Working primarily with an adult population conducting Cognitive Behavioral Therapy groups, intake assessments, individual treatment, crisis intervention and consultation.
: California-Fontana-Fontana Medical Center 9961 Sierra Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40) : 40
Shift : Day
Working Days : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Working Hours Start: Varies
Working Hours End: Varies
Job Type : Standard
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.