Business Readiness/Organization Development Consultant Position – Sunnyvale, CA
Business Readiness/Organization Development Consultant
The OD Consultant will partner with NetApp managers to define and plan business readiness / change management requirements for successful adoption of critical functional and enterprise initiatives. This includes identifying and mitigating barriers to individual and organizational adoption of change needed to drive NetApp’s growth and business strategies.
They will also partner with HR and the business to diagnose and deliver critical organization development support such as coaching, leadership and team development, culture and cross functional alignment.
As an internal consultant, these responsibilities will focus on both business readiness/change management (50%) and organization development (50%) consulting, to increase the effective management and implementation of business driven change and OD initiatives.
- For change initiatives, either enterprise-wide, business unit or functional group specific, provide business readiness/change management consulting to achieve effective implementation, adoption and transition of NetApp employees through the changes i.e. achieving the necessary clarity, commitment and capability across the organization to realize the intended business benefits.
- Strengthen the business readiness/change management and organization development capability within HR and across NetApp through knowledge transfer of relevant methodology, tools and best practices.
- Strong team player who partners effectively with the Organizational Effectiveness Team, Business Leaders and HR Business Partners
- Capable of leading 2 or more business readiness/change management and OD projects simultaneously with strong project management and hands on execution.
- Quickly understand intricate multi-project environment with complex systems integrations and implications of change to the user base.
- Identify possible risks of adoption, including a mitigation plan to address these risks to maximize adoption.
- Define organizational change plans that address the following:
- Change Management strategy, scope and timeline
- Engaging with advocates and executives of impacted organizations to gain alignment, sponsorship and adoption
- Assessing organizational change readiness
- Assessing organizational/ job impacts and developing practical transition plans
- Communication planning, execution and measurement of effectiveness
- Training strategy identification, delivery planning, measurement and support plan
- Implementation and deployment readiness
- Post-implementation stabilization and support
- Provide organization development and design expertise to the business and HR Business Partner community to address specific organization design, reorganization requirements (discovery, diagnosis, recommendations, implementation, and follow-up)
- Partner with HR and business leaders to design and execute other targeted organization development interventions such as individual coaching and leadership team development incl. design and facilitation of strategic functional meetings
Typically requires 10-15 years of relevant consulting and organizational change experience, including leading systems and process business readiness work efforts. Prefer business experience within high technology and global consulting firm exposure.
• Outstanding project management skills.
• Strong data and analytics capabilities.
• Effective communication including report/ presentation development.
• Systemic view of organizations as well as broad understanding of business management and business strategy. Broad business acumen.
• Expertise in business readiness/change management and organization development.
• Must be able to synthesize complex information and define rapidly the business challenges to be resolved.
• Good business judgment with ability to prioritize high value changes and concentrate on affecting highest leverage mechanisms.
• High Integrity
• Must be able to quickly establish effective and credible consulting relationships with business and technical leaders. Must be able to influence and interact with a broad range of technical and non-technical leaders and managers.
• Master’s Degree in Organization Development or Equivalent; preferred or equivalent experience
• MBA an additional plus