The MBA program at California School of Management & Leadership provides advanced business, management, and analytical skills, plus extensive practical experience in applying these skills, particularly in multicultural contexts. For students who have completed prior business courses, our MBA degree is designed to offer flexibility. The program follows a cohort model, with all students taking the core curriculum courses as a cohort at the beginning of the program, followed by concentration tracks during the remainder of the program.
Offered On-ground, Online, and in a Weekend Executive Format
The MBA program is offered:
- On-ground in San Diego with evening classes meeting once a week for each course
- Weekend Executive MBA program with Curricular Practical Training (CPT) on-ground in San Francisco with classes meeting one long weekend a month (between Friday evening to Sunday afternoon).
- Fully online from anywhere
Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
CPT helps foster an experiential education model and allows students to acquire knowledge in a particular area of interest while gaining skills to apply that knowledge in a real world setting in the workplace. Students start Practical Training in their first semester and it is required that they are fully engaged in Practical Training before the end of the first two 8-week terms of their program. A student’s CPT internship or employment must relate to that student’s program of study and may be paid or unpaid based on student preference.
Fast-Track MBA Program
Students currently enrolled in the Bachelor’s in Business Administration or Bachelor’s in Political Science program can accelerate their MBA through our Fast-Track program. Alliant’s Fast-Track program is an accelerated MBA program that reduces the time it takes to earn your master’s to 8 courses, or just two semesters, by allowing undergraduate students to take upper-level business administration courses in the final year of their program.
(For undergraduate Business Majors)
Core Courses (8 courses – 24 units)
All students take eight core courses and four concentration courses. Our core courses develop your managerial knowledge, analytical capacities, and cultural exposure:
- International Marketing Management
- Organizational Behavior and Global Leadership
- Strategic Management
- Statistical Analysis and Modeling for Business
- Financial Management
- Technology for Managerial Decision Making
- Operations Management and Logistics
- Management In the New Age (Capstone)
Full program curriculum is located in the Alliant Academic Catalog.
For Non-Business Majors
Students who do not have an undergraduate business major are required to take 2 additional courses before starting their MBA curriculum of 12 courses. The total number of courses for non-business majors is 14. The 2 additional courses are noted below.
Foundation Courses (2 courses – 6 units)
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- International Economics and Trade
Concentration Options (4 courses – 12 units)
Customize your online MBA with one of our several concentration options. Our concentration programs increase your marketability with focused content in traditional, emerging, and interdisciplinary areas of study.
Concentration options include:
- Health Care Management
- International Investments Management
- International Marketing
- Information and Technology Management
- Pharmaceutical Industry Management
- Build your own option
- All courses are offered in the evening and CSML scheduling accommodates working professionals. A full course load of two courses per 8 week term requires the student to be in the classroom twice a week.
- Summer semester courses are offered in an executive hybrid format to allow students some flexibility in studying schedules.
- The program follows a cohort model, with all students taking the core curriculum courses as a cohort at the beginning of the program, followed by concentration tracks during their remaining program of study.
The California School of Management & LeadershipMBA Advantage
- A distinguished history in international management education
- World class faculty
- 45,000+ successful alumni in over 100 countries
- Industry Connections and Networking Opportunities
- Professional development opportunities: internships, community service learning, personal branding workshops
- Financial aid to qualified students
- Scholarship opportunities
- Flexible course formats for working professionals
- WASC-accredited University
- SAP ERP software training
* Concentration offerings are subject to change and will be reviewed with your academic advisor.