Alliant International University is committed to providing the highest quality services for military students and their families. It is our goal to provide a seamless transition for students attending Alliant International University who are recalled for national and international military service and their return to the university after deployment. Alliant employees realize every student’s situation is unique dependent upon course load, financial aid status and date called to serve to name a few. As such, each and every student “called to serve” will be provided individualized service to address his/ her specific needs.
Alliant International University will ensure students do not face an academic disadvantage as a result of being called to national or international service. When a student (or family member) receives recall orders to active duty or orders to deploy, the student can withdraw from the university with a 100% refund and without financial penalty.
If classes are in session at the time of activation, each case will be individually evaluated with the student’s professors to determine the best option for the student. The university will make every effort to restore students returning from national and military service to the status they held prior to their departure.
- Withdrawal. At any point in the term, a student called to serve may withdraw from Alliant International University by submitting a withdrawal request along with a copy of deployment orders to the Registrar’s Office. The student may receive a full credit of tuition and fees. The Registrar’s Office will process the withdrawal and arrange for appropriate adjustments to the student’s account.
- Selective Drops. A student may drop one or more courses and elect to complete remaining coursework in accordance with Option 3 or Option 4 below. A full credit of tuition and fees for dropped courses will be honored.
- Incompletes. Students who have successfully completed the majority of work for a course may be awarded a grade of “Incomplete” at the discretion of the professor. Professors are strongly encouraged to grant additional time for students to make up the required work.
- Final Grades. A final grade option is available if the following requirements are met:
- The professor determines that a sufficient amount of the course work has been completed, and
- Sufficient information about a student’s performance in the course has been obtained.
Students must consult with their professors to determine whether these two requirements have been met in order for a final grade to be awarded.
Called to Serve: Re-Admission
Any student whose absence from Alliant International University is necessitated by reason of service in the uniformed services shall be entitled to re-admission to Alliant International University if:
- The student (or an appropriate officer of the Armed Forces or official of the Department of Defense) gives advance written or verbal notice of such service to an Alliant International University official.
- The cumulative length of the absence and of all previous absences from Alliant International University by reason of service in the uniformed services does not exceed five years, and except as otherwise provided in this section, the student submits a notification of intent to re-enroll at Alliant International University.
- No notice is required if giving of such notice is precluded by military necessity, such as mission, operation, exercise, or requirement that it is classified or,
- A pending or ongoing mission, operation, exercise or requirement that may be compromised or otherwise adversely affected by public knowledge.