California Teacher Credentialing Programs
Earn a Multiple Subject, Single Subject or Education Specialist Teaching Credential
California's classrooms need you. And with Alliant’s affordable, convenient and innovative teacher education and credentialing programs, we'll prepare you to be an effective and enduring teacher-of-record in today's general education classrooms.
Our programs help you to build the best possible path to your teaching career with the flexibility and support you need to succeed. Get started on your future with a California Preliminary K-12 Teaching Credential, or take your career to the next level by clearing your credential or earning a Master's in Teaching online.
Why You Should Choose Alliant for Your Teaching Credential
With Alliant's teaching credentialing programs, you are able to:
- Earn your teaching credential and master's simultaneously
- Explore options to earn a salary while earning your credential
- Consider earning an accelerated teaching credential
- Clear your existing preliminary credential
- Learn in a convenient blended environment incorporating online courses, on-ground seminars and applied practical experiences
- Be supported by expert mentors and coaches in the field
- Gain the skills and insight necessary to teach effectively in a variety of settings, from charter and private schools to underprivileged communities
- Understand issues of multiculturalism and diversity that impact students' success
Pair Your Credential with An Online Master's Program
Our credentialing and authorization programs further your teaching career with all the qualifications you need to succeed in the classroom through hands-on, rigorous training and instruction. And all your credits count towards our online Master's in Education with Teaching emphasis program to give you even greater earning potential and career possibilities. The choice is yours.
Degree, Credential and Authorization Programs
- Preliminary Single Subject Teaching Credential (Secondary Education)
Focus your K-12 teaching career within a specific academic subject of expertise. Single Subject teachers generally teach in middle and high schools. Choose from our Student Teaching, Standard Intern Teaching, or Early Completion Intern Teaching options. Dual enrollment in Alliant's online Master's in Education program with Teaching Emphasis is optional.
- Preliminary Multiple Subject Teaching Credential (Elementary Education)
Become a multiple subject generalist in any self-contained K-12 classroom, such as those typically found in elementary schools. Choose from our Student Teaching, Standard Intern Teaching, or Early Completion Intern Teaching options. Dual enrollment in Alliant's online Master's in Education program with Teaching Emphasis is optional.
- Preliminary Education Specialist Teaching Credential (Special Education - Mild/Moderate
Become a special education teacher in K-12 classrooms and beyond. All Education Specialist candidates must follow our Standard Intern Teaching path. Dual enrollment in Alliant's online Master's in Education program with Teaching Emphasis is optional.
- Clear Education Specialist Teaching Credential (Special Education - Mild/Moderate
Clear your Preliminary Education Specialist Teaching Credential within five years of issuance. Dual enrollment in Alliant's online Master's in Education program with Teaching Emphasis is optional.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders Added Authorization (ASDAA)
Current mild-moderate special education teachers with at least one year of experience can earn their ASDA Authorization quickly and conveniently through our intensive seminar/workshop program with evidentiary portfolio.
- Online Master of Arts in Education with Teaching Emphasis
Improve your teaching effectiveness, earning potential and employment possibilities with a Master’s in Education with Teaching Emphasis, including opening doors to teaching positions at community colleges and universities. Our program is 100% online and may be completed in as soon as one year.
Choose an Accredited University And CTC-Approved Programs
The Hufstedler School of Education’s Teacher Education programs are approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC). Alliant International University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Teacher Education and School Administration Resources
- Teach California
- California Teacher Corps
- Association of California School Administrators
- California Teachers Association