Clear Education Specialist Teaching Credential (Special Education Credential) | Mild-Moderate Disabilities | California | Online, San Francisco and Los Angeles
RENEW YOUR CREDENTIAL ONLINE AND CONTINUE YOUR CAREER AS A SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
The Clear Education Specialist Teaching Credential (Mild/Moderate Disabilities) is required by the state of California for all special education instructors who wish to renew their Preliminary Education Specialist Teaching Credential and continue teaching in K-12 classrooms. Teachers must elevate their preliminary credential to a clear credential within five years of issuance.
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
- Online coursework with portfolio and two Saturday seminars each semester
- Completion in two semesters (Fall and Spring - 9 total months)
- Admission each Fall and Spring semester
- 12 total units (credential only)
- 30 total units with optional online Master of Arts in Education with Teaching Emphasis
- Mentoring and support at your teaching site a minimum of four times each semester
- Use your current and past classroom work as a teacher to complete assignments
- Set curriculum - no impacted courses or co-requisites
EARN YOUR MASTER’S IN EDUCATION WITH TEACHING EMPHASIS WITH ONLY SIX ADDITIONAL ONLINE
Earning your Master's in Education with Teaching Emphasis opens up many new avenues for career growth and earning potential, including teaching beyond the K-12 level. We encourage all teachers to consider our online Master of Arts in Education in Teaching program, providing you with enhanced instruction and expertise in teaching pedagogy and theory to help you become even more effective in the classroom. Clear Education Specialist Teaching Credential (Mild/Moderate Disabilities) candidates may complete the master's in only six additional courses (18 units)beyond the credential, completing both the Clear credential and the master's program within 12 months.
WHEN TO APPLYAdmission is granted each Fall, Spring, and Summer on a priority and rolling admissions basis. Qualified applicants will continue to be accepted up until a semester's start date provided that space remains available.
However, we do encourage prospective students to apply by our priority deadlines and as early as possible to achieve the following: to secure program position and desired start date; to make sure any required testing may be completed in time; and to receive full consideration for all possible scholarships and financial aid opportunities.
|Term||Priority Deadline||Rolling Admissions Deadline/Term Start
||July 9||August 31|
*Please note: Summer starts are available only for candidates dually enrolled in our online Master of Arts in Education with Teaching Emphasis program.
- Application - Apply now online
- Admissions interview with program director
- Two letters of recommendation from supervisors, academic instructors, volunteer coordinators or other professional and/or academic relationships
- 2-4 page personal essay including autobiographical statement, professional aspirations, accomplishments and any relevant experience in teaching or working with children and adolescents, and/or within K-12 schools
- Official undergraduate transcripts from a regionally-accredited university (degrees in progress are acceptable) with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (GPA exemptions may be granted)
- Proof of Preliminary Education Specialist Credential (Mild-Moderate Disabilities)
- $65 application fee
- International students: Please review Alliant's additional admission requirements for international applicants
CHOOSE AN ACCREDITED UNIVERSITY AND A CTC-APPROVED PROGRAM
The Hufstedler School of Education’s program is approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC). Alliant International University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- Apply Now Online
- Curriculum and Course Descriptions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Tuition, Fees, and Financial Aid
ATTEND AN INFORMATION SESSION - ONLINE OR ON-CAMPUS!
- April 21, 2015 | 5:30 PM | Online | Register Now
- May 19, 2015 | 6:00 PM | San Francisco Campus | Register Now
- June 17, 2015 | 6:00 PM | Los Angeles Campus | Register Now
- July 21, 2015 | 6:00 PM | San Francisco Campus | Register Now
- August 6, 2015 | 6:00 PM | Los Angeles Campus | Register Now
- August 18, 2015 | 5:30 PM | Online | Register Now
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION