Clear Education Specialist Teaching Credential (Special Education Credential) | Mild-Moderate Disabilities | California | Online, San Francisco and Los Angeles
RENEW YOUR CREDENTIAL ONLINE AND CONTINUE YOUR CAREER AS A SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
The Clear Education Specialist Teaching Credential (Mild/Moderate Disabilities) is required by the state of California for all special education instructors who wish to renew their Preliminary Education Specialist Teaching Credential and continue teaching in K-12 classrooms. Teachers must elevate their preliminary credential to a clear credential within five years of issuance.
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
- Online coursework with portfolio and two Saturday seminars each semester
- Completion in two semesters (Fall and Spring - 9 total months)
- Admission each Fall and Spring semester
- 12 units
- Mentoring and support at your teaching site a minimum of four times each semester
- Use your current and past classroom work as a teacher to complete assignments
- Set curriculum - no impacted courses or co-requisites
- All 12 units apply towards Alliant's 30-unit, 100% online Master of Arts in Education with Teaching Emphasis program
EARN YOUR MASTER’S IN EDUCATION WITH TEACHING EMPHASIS WITH ONLY SIX ADDITIONAL ONLINE
Earning your Master's in Education with Teaching Emphasis opens up many new avenues for career growth and earning potential, including teaching beyond the K-12 level. We encourage all teachers to consider our online Master of Arts in Education in Teaching program, providing you with enhanced instruction and expertise in teaching pedagogy and theory to help you become even more effective in the classroom. Clear Education Specialist Teaching Credential (Mild/Moderate Disabilities) candidates may complete the master's in only six additional courses beyond the credential, completing both the Clear credential and the master's program within 12 months.
CHOOSE AN ACCREDITED UNIVERSITY AND A CTC-APPROVED PROGRAM
The Hufstedler School of Education’s program is approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC). Alliant International University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).