School Psychology Graduate Degree Program with Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) Credential | Master of Arts in Education | San Francisco, San Diego, Irvine and Los Angeles, California
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AS A SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGIST
The Master of Arts in Education (MAEd) program in School Psychology is for candidates who wish to pursue a career as an educational psychologist working with children and adolescents in pre-K-12 schools. Embedded within the program is the Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) credential that is required for employment as a school psychologist within California school districts.
Alliant's school psychology degree program prepares professionals who are committed to service and advocacy on behalf of students, families and teachers. Our students and alumni are skilled at providing valuable and life-changing mental health, specials needs and culturally-competent services, including assessments, interventions, and individualized education and behavior modification plans.
Alliant's educational psychology program will establish you as an expert able to help students and families learn to cope with a variety of emotional, social and academic challenges. These challenges may include language and cultural barriers, substance abuse, violence, victimization and learning or behavioral disorders. A focus on diversity, multiculturalism and internationalism is one of the core tenants of Alliant International University and a distinguishing feature of our school psychology program.PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
- Offered on the following campuses: San Diego, Los Angeles, Irvine and San Francisco
- 50 units of coursework + 10 units of PPS credential internship
- A cohort model with admission each Fall semester
- Full program completion in three years
- Late afternoon, evening and/or weekend classes for working adults
- 450 practicum hours and 1200 PPS internship hours
- Low student-to-faculty ratio
- No GRE requirement
- No prerequisites - any undergraduate major is welcome
- Option to apply for early admission to Alliant's PsyD in Educational Psychology program, allowing for completion of the master's, credential and doctorate in five years
PPS CREDENTIAL ONLY OPTION FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES
If you are seeking a career as a school psychologist and already hold a master's degree in marriage and family therapy, counseling psychology, special education or another related field, you may be eligible for Alliant's Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) Credential in School Psychology program. The program allows for designated courses within the master's program to be waived with evidence of a candidate's previously completed graduate course equivalents. All courses not waived must be completed prior to beginning the PPS credential 1200-hour internship. Please note that this program does not result in a master's degree.
ATTEND AN UPCOMING INFORMATION SESSION
Alliant hosts regular information sessions/open houses both online and at our campus locations. Please click here to see upcoming dates and to RSVP.
CHOOSE AN ACCREDITED UNIVERSITY
Alliant International University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC),
- Apply Now Online
- Contact an Admissions Representative
- View Admissions Requirements and Dates
- View Student Learning Outcomes
- View Curriculum and Course Descriptions
- View Faculty