Latin American Family Therapy Certificate - Mexico City
The Certificate in Latin American Family Therapy is designed to address the growing need for clinicians to develop competencies in working with Latin American populations. The program will focus on assisting clinicians to develop general multicultural and international competencies, increase their understanding of the historical and cultural influences impacting Latin American clients, and the ability to identify best practice procedures for assessing and addressing issues in Latin American mental health.
A central component to this program is participation in the five-week CSPP Spanish Language and Cultural Immersion Program. This program takes place each summer at Alliant International University’s Mexico City campus. Students enrolled in clinical programs at CSPP, students enrolled in graduate programs at other universities, and working mental health professionals are eligible to apply to this program.
- PSY 6643 - Cross-Cultural Topics : Critical Issues in Latin America (Taught in Mexico City, Summer Semester) (3 units)
- PSY 6654 - Psychology of Ethnic Diversity : Latin American & Liberation Psychologies (3 units)
Additional Requirements for Non MFT students:
• An earned degree in Marriage and Family Therapy (or)
• A graduate level course on systems theory and therapies.
• Completion of the CSPP Spanish Language and Cultural Immersion summer program at the Mexico City Campus
• 100 hours of documented client contact with the Latin American Populations.
Please contact Dr. Jason Platt at email@example.com for additional information.