We extend our deepest condolences to the family and friends of these CSPP alumni and friends who have passed away in recent years. We have included links to tribute pages celebrating their lives when available.
- Dr. Allen Middleton, a graduate of our Fresno Clinical PhD program ('76) passed away on March 17, 2015. Click here for the obituary in the Fresno Bee.
- Dr. Larry Anders, long-time CSPP-Fresno faculty, passed away peacefully on March 3, 2015 at the age of 91. Click here for a nice CSPP blog post honoring Larry's life.
- Dr. Gerald Syas, a graduate of our Fresno PsyD-OD program ('13), passed away in early 2015
- Rudolph Hurwich, long-time CSPP Trustee, Treasurer of the Board of Trustees for 13 years and benefactor
of Hurwich Scholarship and the Hurwich Library at the San Francisco campus, passed
away peacefully on August 2, 2014 at the age of 92. Click here for a beautiful website honoring Rudy's extraordinary life. You are also cordially invited to sign the guest
- Dr. Susan Naifeh (CSPP-SF/Alameda, Clinical PsyD '93) passed away July 27, 2014. Click here for more information (search by last name for Naifeh).
- John Herring, a student in our PsyD-OD program, passed away July 7, 2014.
- Dr. Tama Sogoian, a long-time writing tutor who served the Los Angeles campus for over three decades, passed away on May 11, 2014.
- Dr. John Dallas Thomson (CSPP-Alameda, Clinical PhD '97) passed away peacefully on March 3, 2014 at the age of 64.
- Fred Cutter, PhD. born in Boston, MA on 11/18/24, passed away on 2/24/14. He is survived by his wife Dorothy Cutter, daughter Amy Cutter, and son David/Karen Cutter. He worked at the Veterans Administration for 20 years through 1984 and a professor at CSPP Fresno from 1973 to 1980. Before he retired he was in private practice in San Luis Obispo, CA. He is the author of Art and the Wish to Die, Coming to Terms with Death, and Suicide Prevention Triangle. The family would like to hear from the students who were impacted by Fred’s unconventional classes and creative approaches to psychology. They can be reached through email at email@example.com.
- Dr. Karen Berman (CSPP-LA, Organizational Psychology PhD '97). 1962-2013.
- Dr. Nancy Lee Etchart (CSPP-LA, Clinical PhD '89)
- Dr. Lelia McCain Veaco (CSPP-Fresno Founding Faculty). 1924-2013. Please feel free to share your memories and/or photos of Dr. Veaco on our CSPP Facebook page (see our 5/7/13 post)
- Dr. Hedda Bolgar (CSPP-LA Founding Faculty). 1909-2013. Dr. Bolgar passed away at the age of 103. Please feel free to share your memories and/or photos of Dr. Bolgar on our CSPP Facebook page (see our 5/16/13 post). Several articles celebrating Dr. Bolgar's life: LA Times | The Today Show | UK Daily Mail
- Dr. Maurice J. Zemlick (CSPP-San Diego Founding Faculty and first Dean of our CSPP-SD campus). Dr. Zemlick passed away March 1, 2013 at the age of 88. Dr. Steven Bucky, Distinguished Professor at CSPP-San Diego and Director of Professional Training, fondly remembers Maury “as a pioneer in psychology, with a strong commitment to excellence in clinical practice and training and was instrumental in the growth and development of psychology as a profession in San Diego, in California and throughout the country.”
- Dr. Murray Galinson (USIU, PhD '76). 1937-2013.
- Dr. James M. Reinitz (CSPP-LA, Clinical PhD '80). Dr. Reinitz passed away on November 6, 2012.
- Dr. Richard Kopp (CSPP-LA Professor Emeritus). 1942-2012. Please feel free to share your memories and/or photos of Dr. Kopp on our CSPP Facebook page (see our July 2012 post).
- Dr. Michael Lieberwitz (CSPP-SD alumnus, class of '78). 1951-2012.
- Dr. Su Yon Park (CSPP-Alameda, Clinical PsyD '00). 1971-2012. She was awarded a Peace Prize posthumously.
- Dr. Natalie Claussen-Rogers, a Fresno campus graduate of our Forensic Psychology PhD program ('03) and our CSPP Postdoctoral MS in Clinical Psychopharmacology ('10), passed away August 14, 2011.
- Dr. Jules Burstein (CSPP-SF, Clinical PhD '76)
- Dr. Robert Kamin (CSPP-Alameda, Clinical PhD '02)
- Dr. Siri M. Andrews (CSPP-San Diego, Clinical PhD '04). 1975-2010.
If you are aware of the passing of a CSPP graduate or former faculty member and would like us to share it with the CSPP community, please email CSPPalumni@alliant.edu