Home   >   Admissions   >   Veterans - Military  

How to Apply for Your Benefits

Applying for Military Benefits

Students expecting to enroll under educational benefits administered by the Veterans Administration may apply online. Military students are encouraged to apply for their benefits well in advance of anticipated enrollment to avoid unnecessary delays.

When applying online, we recommend you have your DD Form 214 and banking information available.

  • Non-transfer new students applying for benefits for the first time should file the "Application for VA Education Benefits (Form VA 22-1990)."
  • Transfer students should file the "Request for Change in Program or Place of Training (Form VA 22-1995)."
  • Continuing students need only notify their Designated Veterans Certifying Official (VCO) of their enrollment intentions each term.

How to Apply to Alliant International University

To ease in your transition to Alliant International University, we’ve developed a "Passport to Success" - (PDF) , checklist of information for military undergraduate students.

Adobe Reader is required to view the PDF documents on this page. (Download Adobe Reader)