Alliant is Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Alliant International University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), a regional accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the same agency under which other prestigious California and western U.S. schools are accredited such as Stanford, USC and UCLA.
Many Alliant programs are further accredited by accrediting bodies specific to their professions. These include:
Psychology and Mental Health
- The Clinical Psychology PhD and PsyD programs offered on the Fresno, Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Diego and San Francisco campuses, individually accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA).(750 First Street NE, Washington, DC 20002-4242; Phone: 202-336-5979; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Web: www.apa.org/ed/accreditation).
- The Couple and Family Therapy master’s and doctoral programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE), of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.(112 S Alfred Street Alexandria, VA 22314; Phone: 703/838-9808; Email: email@example.com)
Education and Teaching
- The Teaching credentialing programs, approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing. (CTC, 1900 Capitol Ave., Sacramento, Ca 95814, Phone: 888-921-2682)
- San Francisco Law School, accredited by the Committee of Bar Examiners of the California State Bar (180 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94105, 415-538-2000).
Mexico City Programs
- Programs at Alliant’s Mexico City Campus are accredited through Alliant’s Western Association of Schools and Colleges institutional accreditation. Some programs are also recognized by the Secretaría de Educación Pública (SEP) .
Alliant International University is a private institution approved to operate by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education. Approval to operate means the institution is compliant with the minimum standards contained in the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009 and the California Code of Regulations. The California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) can be contacted at 2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400 Sacramento CA 95833, www.bppe.ca.gov, 1.916.574.8200, and toll-free phone: 1.888.370.7589.
California Education Code § 94934 and California Code of Regulations § 74110 require institutions to submit an annual report to the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education by September 1, annually. As Alliant was recently approved to operate by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education, the first submission of an annual report will occur September 1, 2015.